The Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Circular Saw with Guide Rail is a really neat piece of kit. A brand that is known for its DIY expertise across the globe, Makita has produced a tool that has all of the makings of an irreplaceable saw.
The main feature of this particular piece is the guide rail that comes with the product. Offering the ability to cut at a really clean, steady level, the SP6000J1 is a dream of an in-home tool.
What’s great about this saw is that it’s perfect for larger jobs at home for the budding DIY-er, but it would also fit seamlessly in the professional workshop, due to knowing exactly what you’re getting – an easy, sweet cut thanks to the handily placed guide.
You’ll love this saw if your previous tools have left those annoying bits of tear-out, as Makita have really gone out on a limb to state that this tool will combat these types of unprofessional, frustrating bug-bears.
A couple of other nice bonuses include the fantastic ease of use of this product. Offering both smooth-start options and a variety of modes that give you multiple saw speeds, you’ll find the setting for you regardless of the job at hand.
If it’s wood you’re looking to cut, this really is the piece you’re looking for. Although appropriate for other materials, it’s the woodwork that this machine really excels in.
|ARBOR (MM)||20 mm|
|MAX CUTTING CAPACITY (AT 90 DEGREES)||2-3/16″|
|MAX CUTTING CAPACITY (AT 45 DEGREES)||1-9/16″|
|NO LOAD SPEED (VARIABLE SPEED)||2,000 – 5,200 RPM|
|NET WEIGHT||9.7 lbs.|
|SHIPPING WEIGHT||16.9 lbs.|
- For a starter for me, the guide rail is a God send. Perfect for the cuts you need to make sure are accurate, straight and have minimum tear-off, you will wonder how you’ve lived without the rail previously.
- It’s light and easy to handle, too, which allows you to perfectly adjust, carry and attach to the SP6000J1.
- An ideal bevel setting, stopping in two places (22 degrees and 45 degrees) to offer you a couple of angled options. The maximum angle is 48 degrees, which matched the usual industry standard.
- The handy soft-start feature is great for both safety and ease of use. If this is your first saw, you will love the features that are perfect for the amateur woodworker. This coupled with the smooth speed variance dial is perfect when you want to control your cutting with simplicity.
- Control over your circular saw is the key to creating sharp, smooth cuts, and with this piece of machinery you will have no problem with control. A large on-top handle and electric break give you the exact amount of control over the tool meaning you can trust your cut.
- The built-in depth stopper is another attribute that is centred around an immaculate finish. Placed in the best position to offer protection against tear-off, you’ll never be able to push the limit of this saw to a point where you’re not ruining the work you’re putting in. It’s a handy feature against getting a little carried away in the garage.
What’s not so great?
Every tool is not for everyone, and with that in mind I’ve wanted to give you a little bit of the other side of the coin. We’re all about offering an unbiased, fair assessment, so here’s a few things to look out for:
- The SP6000J1 isn’t ideal for cutting smaller, finer pieces of wood. Although we’re getting a great product with accuracy and precision, wood that is thinner than the additional guide rail start to cut a little uneasy. If you’re uncomfortable without the track attached, you may find smaller jobs tougher.
- If you’re a professional, you may find that this tool is a step back from what you have used before. Especially if you have a more seasoned hand, you might find the guide rail unneeded therefore one of the main plus-points here is negated. One constant piece of feedback is that professional users have discovered it can often take a little longer than their previous equipment.
Summary Of Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Circular Saw with Guide Rail
Product Name: Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Circular Saw with Guide Rail
Product Description: Please see the above product specification.
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
Overall Rating by Author - 8.5/10
If you’re just starting off with woodwork, this product could be great for you. The features provided are a really impressive way to bed yourself in to this type of work. I think the speed settings and smooth running of the saw make safety and ease-of-use the main feature here. You can find that the saw is sturdy, this coming from the guide rail but also the handle on top and the weight of the product.
The only negative that stands out is the fact that if you have experience with other saws, you may notice a difference. This is very much a beginner’s piece of kit, yet in fairness it isn’t being advertised as anything else. There are other variances of saw that may suit your needs if you’re higher up the skill level.
The Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Circular Saw with Guide Rail does offer some really great plus points, and the level of clean cut sawing is great. If you’re looking for a tool you can trust, and are worried by tear-out, you really needn’t worry with this. It’s clear that Makita had this type of feature in mind when building this saw.
Originally posted 2016-10-26 12:32:07.