The Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut – brought to you by Chinese tool manufacturer Rockwell – is an exciting, smaller circular saw with numerous features to keep the DIY rolling in your household for years to come.
In case you don’t know much about the brand Rockwell, they are the people putting ease-of-use and approachability back into tools and hardware. In the RK3440K they’ve produced a lovely, lightweight piece of kit that can appeal to both the beginner, the person looking to start their DIY journey, or the experienced hand who wants equipment that will get their cutting done in a flash.
With the ability to cut numerous materials at numerous depths, it’s really easy to see how this tool is proving popular to all levels of skill. Just because you’re a pro doesn’t mean you don’t like your tools to make the smaller jobs easier and quicker.
If it’s simplicity you’re looking for, there are multiple features to cater to your needs, including an excellently placed laser guide, allowing for a unique and handy way of keeping your job on the straight and narrow path.
When buying this circular saw, you get three different blades – Rockwell are really emphasising their ability to provide machinery that is multi-functional and operational on almost any material. In line with the ease of use of the VersaCut, they blades are easy to change and in the carry case included, you can ensure their safe storage when not in use on the saw.
|POWER INPUT||4 Amps|
|NO-LOAD SPEED||3,500 /rpm|
|MAX CUTTING DEPTH||1-1/16″|
This product, whilst seeming initially obvious in its advantages – a smaller machine, lighter in weight for easier use – it is when you really get down to checking out its other features that you find that the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw really is an excellent, multi-functional product.
- The laser guide at the front of the saw is a really neat addition. Standard circular saws are brilliant in how they can transform jobs in the nick of time. They’re a real improvement on sawing by hand. The only small issue is that the speed they go, you can sometimes stray away from a line and only notice when it’s too late. The laser guide technology helps keep a steady hand straighter by producing an accurate mapping of where you need to cut.
- Obvious as it may be, the weight of the product is a clear advantage. Manoeuvrability is one key reason to buy a smaller product like this, be it moving the saw during a job or taking the kit out and about, this lightweight product is perfect for on-the-go working.
- The VersaCut’s small size and light weight offer another handy plus – the ability to do smaller jobs, quicker. Its physical size (17.5″ x 8.5″ x 4.5″) and weight (3.4lbs) and slim-line design compare favourably to its competitors, showing how on smaller jobs this piece really comes into its own.
- Probably the best feature this saw has is its ability to cut through almost any material. No more are wood, tile, sheet metal or hardwood floor difficult to shape with this handy piece of kit.
- There is zero set-up with the VersaCut. Fresh out of the box this tool is ready to go.
What’s Not So Great?
Like with any tool, there are of course set-backs to taking the plunge. The RK3440K is no different:
- Although smaller, lightweight tools are a plus on most jobs, the larger the cut the tougher it becomes to justify using a smaller tool. If you’re cutting industrial sizes, you may find this Rockwell saw isn’t for you.
- If you’re looking for a saw that offers the ability to cut at an angle, this machine isn’t for you. Its strength is level cutting, not cutting bevel.
- One common issue found on this piece of equipment is when cutting at a deeper setting. Users have found that several adjustments are needed before the VersaCut can cut to its deepest settings. This would no doubt prove a frustration when trying to do larger jobs quickly. When adjusting the saw to a deeper setting, people often found the saw itself became quite warm.
Summary Of Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw
Product Name: Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw
Product Description: Please see the above product specification.
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
Overall Rating by Author - 9.5/10
On a whole, this choice of saw really has few drawbacks for the standard user. At home, you’ll find the Rockwell RK3440K to be a nice, easy use with plenty more advantages than problems. The fact that this is the case proves that more often than not you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for in this nimble, light and approachable tool.
Rockwell have really won at offering a user-friendly saw here. Your workshop will find a new favourite piece of equipment, and the fact that it can be used on so many materials truly shows how useful it is on a vast array of jobs.
The cons of this piece are really all about knowing the limits you’re getting. There are limits; the fact that the saw itself gets warm when approaching its maximum depth may be frustrating, but there is also a train of thought that says you’re very rarely going to be using this saw for much larger jobs. Especially if you’re using this purely for DIY – larger jobs can often be too big for the amateur hand, so as I say, it really is about taking on this tool knowing what you will be doing with it.
In the standard home, this great piece of machinery will really fit in. The people over at Rockwell have given the industry a really safe, steady and handy tool, with some really excellent key features. If you’re looking for accuracy and speed, you will be on easy street with the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw.
Originally posted 2016-10-26 11:51:42.