The SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 is a lesson in lightweight technique and perfect manoeuvrability for a saw that is large, powerful and centred around cutting through almost any wood.
The Skilsaw brand, established in 1924, are experts in production of high-quality saws. What I really like about Skilsaw is the fact that their expertise is in the creation of saws. Something I am often wary of is a company and brand that will spread its talents too finely. This can often mean they have a grasp on a whole industry, as opposed to a smaller part of the total market with concentration in production of a few great products.
This SPT77WML-01 model is a great option for someone who is at any skill level. This saw is truly built to last. Unlike many other models of saw, the SPT77WML-01 has various key features to ensure it lasts as a durable, safe tool for the long run. Kitted out with magnesium housing for great durability and a motor design that has focus on cooling as well as power, this piece of kit is fantastic for home use, giving you piece of mind that it has safety at its core.
|ITEM WEIGHT||16 pounds|
|PRODUCT DIMENTIONS||20.5 x 7.8 x 8.8 inches|
|ITEM MODEL NUMBER||SPT77WML-01|
|ITEM PACKAGE QUANTITY||1|
|NUMBER OF HANDLES||2|
This great piece of machinery allows you to tailor your wood cutting in various ways. An improvement on the model previous in the range, below are some of the key take-outs from Skilsaw’s new recruit:
- This tool is light but durable. Sometimes when you get a saw that is easily moveable like this one, you’re sacrificing the toughness of the product. That isn’t the case with the SPT77WML-01. Made out of a durable but light metal in magnesium, the rugged outer shell protects the motor and the key components.
- The SPT77WML-01 is powered by a super-strong dual-field motor, which offers immense power (5300 RPM) as well as a great cooling feature, ensuring that whilst you’re using more power through the motor on your jobs, you’re keeping a great level of safety protecting yourself, your jobsite and your home.
- The Cut-Ready depth feature included on the saw allows you to safely and trustworthily undertake jobs at multiple difficulties and sizes, knowing that the simplicity of cut is helped within the saw itself.
- The Skilsaw tool has a real plus point when coming up again rivals: the now-universal StayTrue guarantee. This guarantee provides you, the customer, with an awesome 180 days to test out any Skilsaw product and if you don’t find it completely to your needs you will receive a full refund.
- This saw is the perfect accompaniment to any job involving wood. A wood-specialist tool, the SPT77WML-01 will easily and seamlessly cut through any wooden object, with splinters and tear-offs a thing of the past. With its ability to bevel at two different stages (0 degrees and 45 degrees) you’ll also find that cutting on an angle is as easy as can be.
What’s Not So Great?
I’m sure you will agree that there are some really fantastic attributes to the SPT77WML-01, but are there some things I’m a little unsure of? There are, and I’ll let you know them below:
- The fact that Skilsaw consider this such a machine with expertise in cutting wood leaves it open to alienation for people who are looking to saw through things a little tougher. Metal and tile could end up being a real problem and buying another saw just for any other materials may seem a little pointless if you could combine them all in another product.
- One consistent worry is the vibration the saw gives off during use. A frustration, yes, but it also means that if you’re an amateur craftsman you may well find your ability to wade through bigger jobs easily a problem. Skilsaw have taken the conscious step to build towards a more talented, professional market, but in doing this they might have left behind their ability to also pick up the lower end of the skillset. Worth keeping an eye on for the irregular user.
Summary Of SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Worm Drive Circular Saw
Product Name: SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Worm Drive Circular Saw
Product Description: Please see the above product specification.
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
Overall Rating by Author - 7.5/10
I think on the whole this saw is a really good, really sharp product. Even with teething issues, if you’re only a newbie to using this type of equipment, I feel that the safety mechanisms involved coupled with the fact that these wood-cutting tools are a real industry standard piece of kit. You will know full-well that you’re getting a remarkable, sturdy and very usable item.
If you’re a professional, of course this tool is the one for you. I think that anyone specialising in wood cutting would also find it tough to turn down this machine, with the idea that if you’re in constant contact with wood as a material you will see the benefit of this lightweight, resilient machine as soon as you take it out of the box. I was very impressed with the SKILSAW SPT77WML across the board and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to anyone seeking a high quality product for cutting wood accurately.
Originally posted 2016-10-26 11:39:59.