Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock your whole life, you will be more than familiar with DIY stalwart brand Black and Decker.
This design is excellent, small and compact – perfect for in-home use and easy to store for minimum fuss. If you’re into your DIY at home you’ll find this piece of kit perfect. Black and Decker are well known for their ability to bring great, approachable machinery to the table in the form of user-friendly experience and a simple dynamics.
This Black and Decker product operates using the same battery packs as similar pieces of equipment in the wider range. This is a real positive point for all of you people who are brand loyal to the Black and Decker team. Featuring a high-torque motor, stopping any blockages from incurring damages during stalling, any small problems you might run in to are easily fixable with no lasting problems happening to the motor.
|ITEM WEIGHT||6 pounds|
|PRODUCT DIMENTIONS||14.1 x 8.2 x 8.9 inches|
|ITEM MODEL NUMBER||BDCCS20B|
|BATTERIES||1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required|
|ITEM PACKAGE QUANTITY||1|
|NUMBER OF PIECES||1|
|NUMBER OF HANDLES||1|
|CERTIFICATION||CSA Z94.3-2007, certified frustration-free|
|BATTERY CELL TYPE||Lithium Ion|
|WARRENTY||2 year limited warranty|
Please see below to name but a few of the great positives within this product:
- If you’ve got previous experience with Black and Decker equipment, you will love this. It is familiar in style with the traditional colouring and uses the same battery pack as much of the other equipment produced by Black and Decker. If you are a regular, there is no need to buy additional battery packs for this piece of machinery.
- The handy bevel adjustment system means you’re able to cut at angles up to 90 degrees, something not offered by an awful lot of different providers. This is probably due to the compact, smaller nature of the saw itself.
- As mentioned above, this saw is a lot smaller than most of its competitors. Excellent for storage and easy moving. It also has a steady handle on the top of the tool offering consistent control. With the control and size of the tool, it’s a great way to introduce yourself to woodwork, allowing you a simple step up in ability.
- For additional piece of mind this machine has an excellent two year warranty. Even if you never end up using it, it’s a really good fail-safe in case of issues during the beginning of your ownership. With a lot of other competitors, you don’t often find a warranty period as large as this. You can look at this two ways, but I feel it’s a major pat on the back by Black and Decker as proof that they think this saw will last. They wouldn’t offer such a large period on a machine likely to break every 2 weeks.
- This saw is cordless. A great feature for moving around the home and doing jobs in multiple rooms. Without the constraints of a chord, you’re free to worry less about your environment and the safety problems a chord can cause, and more about the job at hand.
What’s Not So Great?
Find below a couple of the small niggles that come with the BDCCS20B:
- If you’re not a seasoned Black and Decker pro, the fact that this product doesn’t come with a battery pack could be a major annoyance. It’s a great ploy by the company, as it probably convinces a lot of people to consider brand loyalty because of the inter-changeable pack, but whether it would encourage you to change your saw across to theirs is up for debate.
- There aren’t an awful lot of extra features on this saw. Unlike others in the market, this saw very much concentrates on doing the job at hand and little else. If you’re not after an extravagant saw, then this would certainly tick your boxes, but the professional craftsmen out there will surely look past this as something of a beginner’s product.
Summary Of Black & Decker BDCCS20B 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Circular Saw Bare Tool, 5.5-Inch
Product Name: Black & Decker BDCCS20B 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Circular Saw Bare Tool, 5.5-Inch
Product Description: Please see the above product specification.
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
- Overall Rating by Author - 8/108/10
The Black & Decker BDCCS20B 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Circular Saw Bare Tool, 5.5-Inch is ideal for a beginner or someone who infrequently does DIY. It’s a matter of fact that unfortunately there isn’t too much going on with the product, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have it uses or its market. If I needed this around the house but not for any specific jobs, this would be the tool I would choose. Great warranty and easy to use, the BDCCS20B is a nifty little tool. The lack of a chord is another accessory that lends itself to ease of use and can become a nice little extra.
Check Current Prices On Amazon
Originally posted 2016-10-26 12:34:13.