There are so many ways to approach buying yourself a new circular saw, and so many questions you need to ask. What are you going to be using it for? Is it for work use or home use? How do you work best, and what do you currently use? These are just a few of the questions you need to ask yourself.
The DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake is a really nice piece of kit. Dewalt are an industry stalwart that brand themselves as being “trusted by professionals” – not a small statement that really goes out on a limb to inspire trust for both newcomers and aforementioned professionals.
This piece of kit – the DWE575SB – is hardware for use at home and on the road. It is small, but carries weight. Weight can often buy trust because it usually means your tool is made from a tough, durable material, and that is exactly what this piece of equipment is: a great, tough addition to your garage.
A multi-job piece of equipment, this lightweight tool is as useful on the jobsite as it is in the home, offering a great experience cutting multiple materials quickly, safely and honestly.
|MAX WATT OUT||1950 watts|
|NO LOAD SPEED||5200 rpm|
|BEVEL CAPACITY||57 degrees|
|BEVEL STOPS||22.5 and 45 degrees|
|BLADE DIAMETER||7-1/4 inches|
|DEPTH OF CUT AT 90 DEGREES||2.55 inches|
|DEPTH OF CUT AT 45 DEGREES||1.9 inches|
|TOOL WEIGHT||8.8 pounds|
What is great?
There are some great benefits to this type of saw. I would like to outline them for you so that you can decide for yourself whether this equipment is for you. See below for a rundown of what you’re likely to love about this product:
- First off is this tool’s excellent durability and toughness. If you decide this tool is for you then you’re getting a really hardworking and mean piece of kit. The chord on the saw has a patented ToughCord technology that offers a chord 3x tougher than the usual spec on this type of machine. Even to look at, you can tell this machine is a durable piece of kit by the way you need to handle it. Its thick frame provides an almost immovable quality to the saw.
- The electric break on this machine is a real positive. Even whilst running at 5200RPM, the electric break stops the blade flat within a few seconds, which in my opinion is a major safety plus, especially when working around people, be it at home or in the workplace.
- Unlike some other electric saws, the DWE575SB has a three-point bevelling option, and allows you up to a 57degree bevelling angle, slightly more than the usual 45degre angle.
- The integrated dust blower at the front of the machine gives you a really great visual of the line you’re looking to cut. This type of feature is really handy when you’re looking to complete one job quickly, or multiple jobs in one session.
- A really good depth of cutting at 67mm, the circular saw on this piece of equipment is strong and functional at both a good depth and against multiple materials, including joinery materials.
What’s not so great?
Hopefully the positives have got your mind racing about the possibilities of the DWE575SB, and there really are lots of great reasons to pick up this tool. But to make an informed decision, we need to also see what you’re getting when it comes to sticking points, too:
- The shoe to this saw really could be a little more stable. With all of the other key features we’ve looked through, there is a little more give in the stability of the bottom end of the tool than you would ideally like. The bevel adjustment is great and effectively locks itself in to place, but the shoe itself could really do with a similar sturdiness to achieve a little more safety but also a straighter cut.
- The carry bag with this piece isn’t very heavy weight. If you’re fine with this, then this feature won’t affect you. Also, if you’re looking to more-or-less keep this tool in the home or at work, then you’ll find this problem really easy to bypass, but if you’re a worker on the move the lightweight bag provided may provide a problem.
- Some customers have argued that the blade is positioned slightly to the right of the saw frame itself, which may also prove an issue not dissimilar to the problem the loose shoe offers.
Summary Of DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake
Product Name: DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake
Product Description: Please see the above product specification.
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
- Overall Rating by Author - 9.0/109.0/10
This saw really is a good piece of equipment. I would suggest this tool to people using this either working from home, or using at work, but maybe not someone who plans to travel with it in between. For sure, this may happen rarely, but with the issues that come with the bag provided, it’s worth keeping it in one place. Once in this place, however, the durability of the saw and the bulk size of it offers a really safe user experience. Its handle on the front as well as the top allows you to keep a sturdy hold on the saw and concentrate on getting the cut you’re looking for. The feedback regarding the movement in the saw shoe isn’t great, but if you’re a slower worker then this could be easily avoided so long as you’re aware of any possible movement and adjust your concentration and keen eye accordingly.
Originally posted 2016-10-26 11:34:40.